Why is it important to disinfect surfaces around the house to limit the spread of diseases and infections including COVID-19?
Disinfecting surfaces that come into contact with a lot of people throughout the day can be hotbeds for germs, bacteria and other lethal infections including COVID-19. Transmission of disease and infection causing germs through surfaces is one of the most important ways to prevent their spread. Surfaces such as door knobs, handles, tables, chairs, sofas, cushions, wash basin, dustbins, faucets and other hard surfaces that come into contact with a lot of people must be properly disinfected on a regular basis.
What does a surface disinfectant do? Which is the best surface disinfectant for your home during COVID-19?
A quality surface disinfectant such as Savlon Disinfectant Spray helps keep your home germ-free, and break the transmission of disease-causing germs and bacteria. It is also effective in fighting against the COVID-19 virus. Using the Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray to disinfect the high-contact surfaces in your home keeps them germ-free and safe. Germs and bacteria are often invisible to the naked eye, and although some surfaces may appear clean, they might still be contaminate. It is therefore important to use Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray to kill germs, bacteria and viruses on such surfaces. A surface disinfectant spray completes your home cleaning routine that helps protect your loved ones from any diseases and infections especially during times like these.
What are the other dos and don’ts to remember about surface disinfectant sprays?
- A surface disinfectant spray is only suitable for use on hard and soft surfaces around the house excluding the kitchen and any other areas such as near candles, fireplace and others. Since it is flammable, it is not advisable to use a surface disinfectant spray in the aforementioned parts of the house. Instead, one can use other products such as Savlon Spray & Wipe Disinfectant Cleaner which has been created especially for use in the kitchen.
- Surface disinfectants and surface disinfectant sprays are also not suitable to use for personal hygiene. These products cannot be used instead of hand rubs, hand sanitizers and antiseptic liquids since they are not skin-friendly and may cause irritation and a burning sensation.
- Surface disinfectants and surface disinfectant sprays must also not be used as a first-aid item. Wounds such as cuts, bruises and burns must always be cleaned with a mild antiseptic liquid like Savlon Antiseptic Liquid and not surface disinfectant sprays. Although surface disinfectant sprays kill germs, bacteria and other infections, they are not suitable to clean wounds and other broken skin.
- One must also be careful not to accidentally or purposefully ingest or consume a surface disinfectant spray. When using Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray, it is important to maintain a safe distance between the spray and your body especially your eyes, mouth and nose. It should also be kept away from the reach of children.
- Before using Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray to keep your home germ-free and protected from COVID-19, read the instructions on the pack very carefully.