Essential oils have been playing an important role in our lives since ancient times. Due to their medicinal and therapeutic benefits, aromas of essential oils are used as a part of aromatherapy to derive healing effects.
Although there are four major types of essential oils, namely Lavender, Frankincense, Peppermint, and Tea Tree yet when it comes to naming the most versatile essential oil; Frankincense essential oil emerges on top.
Considering the immense role played by Frankincense essential oil in providing health-related benefits, it is often labeled as “The King of Essential Oils”. Also, known as Olibanum, Boswellia carterii, and Boswellia sacra – the trees belonging to the Boswellia family.
Frankincense essential oil
Frankincense is extracted from the bark of Boswellia trees which are predominantly found in Middle East countries like Oman and Yamen of the Arabian Peninsula as well as in Somalia in North Eastern
The species of Frankincense grown mostly in Oman in the Dhofar desert include Boswellia sacra and Boswellia seratta- the best among all Boswellia species which is used for the treatment of inflammatory disorders like arthritis, Gastro-intestinal disorders and is also reported to reduce tumor size in cancer patients.
The bark of Boswellia trees is cut to allow gum resin to come out which is collected, for steam distillation.
On the completion of the steam distillation process, the frankincense essence is formed as a concentrate of Frankincense essential oil which is used for various health and hygiene-related purposes. In addition, Frankincense oil is in use for many years for various religious activities and ceremonies, prayers, rituals, meditation, and anointment ceremonies.
Frankincense oil provides the best results when you buy from a reliable sale point like Frankincense Pure.
Beneficial properties of Frankincense oil
Lot many scientific researches have proved that Frankincense essential oil possesses various inherent properties that can go a long way in providing health benefits to humans.
The ever-increasing list of beneficial properties of Frankincense oil include:
- Anxiolytic activity- reduces depression, alleviates Stress, negative thoughts, and negative emotions
- Reduces Heart Rate and maintains Blood Pressure
- Boosts Immune System and immune functions – prevents infections
- Reduces inflammatory pains like Arthritis i.e. Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid
- Astringent- rejuvenates and protect skin tissues and help manage skin imperfections like acne, scars, and wrinkles besides preventing signs of aging
- Natural Antiseptic, Antibacterial and Disinfectant agent
- Maintains Oral Hygiene – prevents gingivitis, plaque development, Halitosis i.e. bad breath, cavities, toothaches, mouth ulcers sores, and other infections
- Help fight Cancer and manage side effects of Chemotherapy
- Manage with Sleep-related problems- induces natural and physiological sleep
- Help balance hormones and manage fertility, mensuration, and menopause problems as well as Post menopause syndrome
Frankincense oil from Frankincense Pure can decrease Gastro-Intestinal inflammation and Pain as Frankincense has been found to inhibit leukotrienes that are associated with the development of inflammation and hence can significantly contribute towards treatment or management of arthritis, a respiratory disorder like Asthma, and painful GI disorders like IBS, Colitis, Ulcerative Colitis, and Crohn’s Disease.
Anyone willing to use the best quality of Frankincense essential oil can buy it from Frankincense Pure and avail of all the health benefits at the most reasonable cost.